The ridiculousness of this Holiday is so annoying that I just want to throw my computer out the window. What has St. Patrick’s day come to be? A huge parade and a whole lot of drinking. So last night in my delirium of taking Loratabs, my mother mentioned something about St. Patrick’s day being today. It got me curious as to what St. Patrick’s day really is. I googled it. It turns out that in olden times everyone celebrated the day that a Saint died, because it was the day that he descended into Heaven. I don’t know much about Saints, I’m not Catholic.
A couple of things I found interesting about the History of St. Patrick’s day:
- St. Patrick was an ENGLISH missionary to Ireland. Dude was English. So all this “Kiss me I’m Irish” should be “Kiss me I’m
- St. Patrick set up a series of monasteries in Ireland.
- St. Patrick converted loads of pagans to Christianity.
- The feast day fell in a fasting season of some sort, but people could eat normally on this day.
- The St. Patrick’s day Parade started in America, not Ireland.
Okay, so I hate this Holiday. I hate people pinching me. I hate that it’s all about drinking now. And I hate having to wear green to just cause some silly tradition says to. Am I wearing green today? Of course. I couldn’t handle a pinching. I don’t have much else to say. I did find a four leafed clover once, but a girl stole it from me. Like a douche.